Name/TitleEquipment: Fire Mimic Panel Call Board
About this objectMike Atkins, RAH Fire Manager (2008): "This was made by an apprentice electrician in 1938. Coincidentally, it was he who returned to repair it in 1986 when there was a fault in the panel in the Physiotherapy Building. From 1939 until 1968 this panel was in the old Casualty Block. Then it was put in the new Theatre Block which no longer exists. There it hung in the Orderlies Room on Level 3. Every day they had a roster for lunch breaks, and the new one was pinned to this board. hence the damage on the lower left frame. When there was a fire alarm, it lit up the red light and also the panel which names the fire's location. When the fire was dealt with, the staff pushed the corresponding small yellow button and the big red light went off. Over the years the names of the wards and buildings changed so new labels were stuck over the original ones. In 1987, the panel was decommissioned."
Place MadeAdelaide, Australia
Measurements23 x 70 x 83 cm